Saturday, March 10, 2012

Little Miss Peacock's Room! (as promised...)

5 weeks left for Little Miss Peacock's arrival - and I think we're ready.

Feels good to have the nursery completely functional and ready to go at anytime.

I'm in love with our theme and colors. The brown and pink is a favorite of mine - and we had always said we wanted the "African Safari" as the theme. I love my variation of the 2.

The art on the walls actually is one large mural (3 feet by 5 feet) that I did not want all on one wall. So I broke apart the individual animals to place 1 mural on each wall. Just traced and then painted with acrylic paint. The leaves of the trees I just utilized a towel for the texturing - and LOVED it.







We were fortunate in getting the furniture. I found all of it in a bundle combination, but 2 times I went to order it, it was out of stock. One day, I clicked again and it was in stock, so I was ordered. AND EARLY. We've had it since November, but I happened to see again that it's out of stock. So popular! The crib converts into the graduating stages (not sure why anyone wouldn't want this option) and the dresser and bookshelf will be used in the bedroom for years to come.

I love all the stuffed animals we have - I think a little too much for an infant, but she'll love having them in a few months.

Here's the rest of the photos of the nursery. My mom is making a quilt that is pink and brown striped, reversed with brown polka dots. Matching window valance and crib end organizer also. Can't wait until they arrive to complete the full look.













No comments:

Post a Comment