Friday, March 5, 2010

Reconnections...

For anyone who thinks about that long, lost friendship that once was...
For the grudge you hold regarding that silly, petty argument...
For the time that's been wasting while both breaths were being held...

Life is too short for it not to be filled with the love of as many friends as possible.

I had the opportunity to reconnect with a long, lost friend tonight. It made me realize how selfish and foolish I had been, letting so many important life events pass by without sharing them.
Nothing felt better than hearing that laugh on the other end of the phone. One I knew so well from before, yet allowed it to disappear from my life. I found my friend again, this time for good.

So for anyone who might be in the situation I was, please let me be the one to tell you to make amends. Nothing is beyond being passed off as 'trivial' in the grand scheme of things. Reconnect. Reach out. Resume the friendship you once had.

And for my 'new friend' - you know who you are - thanks and I love you!

1 comment: